Cootamundra Saleyards operate sheep sales on a fortnigthly basis. Vendors intending to sell stock are urged to contact their agents as soon as possible. Strict social distancing measures will be practiced. Vendors, spectators and non-essential people are asked adhere to social distancing and good hygiene regimes.
Cootamundra Saleyards operates a Canteen on Sale days run by Can Assist providing hot food, hot and cold drinks.
The following Stock & Station agents operating out of this facility:
Council, in conjunction with local Agents, is dedicated to ensuring the Cootamundra Saleyards continues operation and asks saleyard users to assist us in ensuring this is possible.
Please visit https://www.health.gov.au/ for further information.
Good hygiene includes:
- covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- disposing of tissues properly
- washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- using alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- if you are sick, avoiding contact with others and staying more than 1.5 metres away from people
- cleaning and sanitising frequently used objects such as mobiles, keys and wallets
- If possbile we would like to limit attendees to essential personnel.
- Social distancing protocols must be adhered to.
- Hygiene practices must be adhered to.
- Council will enforce the requirements of minimum numbers at a gathering.
One way to slow the spread of viruses is social distancing. There are practical things you can do, to protect those more susceptible to the virus.
Social distancing in the workplace
To reduce the spread of germs in the workplace:
- Stay at home if you are sick
- Consider if large gatherings can be rescheduled, staggered or cancelled
- Stop handshaking and other physical greetings
- Hold meetings via video conferencing or phone call
- Reconsider non-essential business travel
- Defer large face-to-face meetings
- Hold essential meetings outside in the open air if possible
- Promote good hand and cough/sneeze hygiene and provide hand sanitisers for all staff and workers
- Take lunch outside rather than in the lunch room
- Clean and disinfect shared high-touch surfaces regularly
- Consider opening windows and adjusting air conditioning for more fresh air
- Limit food handling and shared food in the workplace
- Promote strictest hygiene among food preparation (canteen) staff and their close contacts
Essential outdoor gatherings
Essential outdoor events of less than 500 attendees can proceed. All events should follow these precautions:
- Consider the size of the space, the number of people in it, and how much room people have to move around safely — as a general rule, people should be able to keep 1.5 metres apart.
- Make hand hygiene products and suitable rubbish bins readily available.
- Conduct frequent cleaning and waste disposal.
Cootamundra Saleyards is situated on the Olympic Highway on the northern approach into Cootamundra and the Gundagai Saleyards is situated in Williams Street, Gundagai.
A Prime Lamb & Mutton sale is held every second Wednesday at the Cootamundra Saleyards – Latest Market Report
The Gundagai Saleyards hold an annual Weaner Cattle sale – date to be confirmed for 2020.
- An Avdata Truck wash operates 24hrs a day at both the Cootamundra saleyards and at the Gundagai saleyards – Contact the Council for access keys.