Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council was formed by Proclamation of the NSW Government on 12 May 2016.
What does Council do?
Council provides a range of services and support to the community, including:
- Strategic land and town planning
- Waste management and recycling
- Pet registration and control
- Pest and weed management
- Building and development supervision
- Local road and streetscape maintenance
- Emergency and disaster planning
- Food and public health services
- Economic development
- Servicing of libraries, community centres, sporting facilities
- Maintenance of parks, pools and sporting fields
- Tourism services and many more.
Council is made up of the Elected Council, led by the General manager.
You can view Council’s organisational structure here:
The Elected Council
Councillors are elected by residents and ratepayers to represent the community and provide leadership and guidance. The first Local Government Election was held on 9 September 2017.
The General Manager leads the administrative arm of Council. The General Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Council’s organisation and for ensuring that the decisions of the Council are implemented.
Customer Service Charter
Council is developing a Customer Service Charter to provide rules and set standards for our service delivery to residents and ratepayers.
Council’s corporate logo is inspired by our community’s values: country living, agricultural landscape and friendly communities.