Rural Lands Strategy
In March 2018, background research began for the preparation of a Rural Lands Strategy. The Rural Lands Strategy is one of several strategies which will act to inform the new Cootamundra-Gundagai Local Environment Plan.
In May-October 2018, Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council, in conjunction with Riverina Agriconsultants (formerly Booth Associates), researched topics identified during the Villages Strategy as issues within the Local Government Area. The issues identified were:
- CRGC Freight and Transport
- CGRC Agricultural Tourism Issues Paper
- CGRC Farm Diversification Issues Paper
- CGRC Farm Holdings Issues Paper
- CGRC Regional Food Issues Paper
- CGRC Rural Living Issues Paper
- CGRC Connections to Villages and Towns Issues Paper
- CGRC Forestry Issues Paper
- CGRC Mining Disused Mines and Landfill Issues Paper
- CGRC Environmental Pressures Issues Paper
Copies of each issues paper will also be available for viewing at each of the Council offices and public libraries.
Following four (4) information sessions held across Cootamundra and Gundagai Council is asking for community feedback in regard to the Rural Lands Strategy.
Members of the community who wish to attend are encouraged to read each issues paper prior to attending the workshop to foster constructive discussion. Staff members will be available at both sessions to answer any questions.