Community Donation Applications
Cootamundra- Gundagai Regional Council (CGRC), has traditionally supported local sporting clubs, community groups and individuals through the provision of financial, and in kind, support. CGRC continues to provide that support to its communities now and into the future.
Council has previously made donations to support organisations community facilities, services and events. In the future donations requests will be provided by Council on an annual basis. To be considered for a donation organisations will be required to demonstrate that they have sought alternate funding sources.
To assist Council’s budgetary framework, one round of donations will be determined in each financial year. In making applications organisations will be required to address the following:
- The persons or association have bona fide need of the donation,
- The justification for the donation – (why should the wider body of taxpayers support this activity or association?),
- The benefit to and participation of the wider community in the activities for which the donation is sought,
- The measurable outcomes against which the success of the donation will be assessed,
- Specific details of the association’s plans to reduce its dependence on Council for donations in the future,
- The date for review of the donation (for multi-year donations), and
- An acknowledgement that future donation will be contingent on meeting or exceeding agreed outcomes.
Applications for 2023/2024 close 5pm 2 June 2023
Please find attached an application form for donations for the 2023/24 financial year, applications will close 5pm 2 June 2023.
Please note that to ensure transparency of the related process all grants approved shall be publicly listed on the Council website along with the relevant grant application form.
Should you require further information or wish to discuss the matter please call Council’s administration centres on 1300 459 689.