The Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council maintains and operates 13 Cemeteries within the Local Government Area, providing peaceful places for the interment and quiet remembrance of loved one – view the list of Cemeteries below.
There are lawn and monumental sites for burials and memorial sites for the placement of ashes. Provision of burial plots and niches are available for immediate use. Reservations for future use can be purchased in advance for ashes interments in the Columbarium Walls and Lawn Niches.
An application for immediate use is completed directly through the Funeral Director – view the CGRC Application for Burial / Interment of Ashes Form below.
For assistance with Cemetery enquiries, please contact the Council on 1300 459 689 or email@example.com.
2022/2023 Fees and Charges
Burial Application Form
Monumental Permit Applications
The Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council are responsible for the issuing and enforcement of Monumental Work Permits for all monumental works across the Cemeteries under its control.
The Monumental Work Permit Application, along with the appropriate fee must be completed by the Monumental Mason, and the family that have engaged their services, prior to any headstone or monument being repaired or constructed in any monumental section of Council’s Cemeteries.
Burial Records and Grave Locations
If you would like to request a search for burial information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 459 689.
Records relating to burials since 1968 are available from Council, as are some records prior to this date. Unfortunately many records were destroyed in a fire in the early sixties. Every effort is made to assist people seeking information on burials. Gundagai library also has some records and may be able to assist.
South Gundagai Cemetery
North Gundagai Cemetery
Other Gundagai Cemeteries
- Adjungbilly Cemetery: This is a Monumental Cemetery is located on private property, 2.3 km along Red Hill Road. “Woodside” is to the right and the cemetery is across a paddock on the southern side of Adjungbilly Creek.
- Coolac Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery situated approximately 1km south of the Coolac village.
- North Gundagai Lawn Cemetery and Columbarium Wall: Situated on the northern side of William Street opposite the North Gundagai Cemetery.
- Mt Adrah Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery situated on the left hand side of the Snowy Mountains Highway, approximately 4.5k from its junction with the Hume Highway. Turn left off the highway after crossing Yaven Yaven Creek, left again and the cemetery is located on a laneway to the right behind a small church (now a residence).
- Muttama Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery situated in a paddock on the right hand side of the road from Coolac, just south of Muttama.
- Nangus Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery situated in the village of Nangus on the Gundagai-Wantabadgery Road.
- Tumblong Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery situated on the right-hand side of the Tumblong-Adelong Road approximately 2k from the Hume Highway.
- Wagragobilly (Darbalara) Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery. From the Brungle Bridge it is left on the Darbalara Road approximately 4.2km. Cemetery is located behind the church on the right.
It is situated on the left hand side of the Olympic Way near the saleyards when approaching Cootamundra from the north with the entryway just before crossing the railway overbridge leading into Cootamundra township.