CIVIL PROJECT ENGINEER – COOTAMUNDRA (Full time)
Applications are invited from interested persons for the above full time position of Civil Project Engineer to be based at our Cootamundra Office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, co-ordinate and supervise the construction and maintenance of roads, drainage and ancillary works within the Local Government area of Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council.
- To provide technical advice and administrative support to the Manager Civil Works in managing Council’s Road infrastructure assets.
- Manage the investigation, survey and design of proposed construction projects.
- Administer maintenance activities and rehabilitation works required under the NSW Roads and Maritime Service (RMCC).
- Ensure all road works comply with environmental standards and the POEO Act, particularly sediment and erosion control.
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in accordance with Council’s Work Health & Safety and Rehabilitation policies and procedures and in accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
- Review financial targets for section and forecast costs and commitments. Achieve results through cost and revenue targets and active management of expenditure for the Roads Section.
- Ensuring construction/maintenance activities are delivered on time and consistent with Council and other relevant standards.
- Salary range of $1,508.27 to $1,764.67 gross per week, plus Civil Liability Allowance.
- 5% superannuation.
- 9 day fortnight working arrangement.
Further information and a Position Description Civil Project Engineer PD is available by contacting Human Resources on 1300 459 689 or Council’s website www.cgrc.nsw.gov.au.
NOTE: Applicants must adequately address the essential criteria contained in the Position Description and include an up to date resume.. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Applications, addressed to the General Manager should be submitted by 5p.m. on Friday 02 October 2020 by post to Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council, PO Box 420, Cootamundra NSW 2590, delivered to Council’s offices at Cootamundra or Gundagai or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Casual Employment Applications are accepted by Council when completed on the following form.