ALL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must adequately address the essential criteria contained in the Position Description. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered
GOVERNANCE OFFICER – COOTAMUNDRA
FULL TIME – MATERNITY LEAVE
(UP TO 12 MONTH CONTRACT)
Applications are invited for the vacancy of Governance Officer, Full time – Maternity Leave, (up to 12 month Contract) Position to be based in our Cootamundra office.
This position ensures Council achieves and maintains excellence in governance and compliance across all of Council’s operations and functions through the effective support of administrative and statutory processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the management of Council’s Integrated Planning and Reporting Framework in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act.
- Ensure Council meets the annual compliance and reporting requirements by facilitating the completion of regulatory and statutory returns as identified in the Compliance Calendar.
- Determine and manage Formal and Informal Government Information Public Access (GIPA) applications.
- Ensure Council’s Policy, Delegations and Authorisations, Gifts and Benefits, Risk and Pecuniary Interest registers are maintained for accuracy and currency, are easily accessible by all staff, and that review schedules are in place and are completed on time.
- Assist managers and other staff with the development and review of Council policies on a periodic, and as required, basis.
- Provide advice and guidance to Council’s Section 355 Committees to comply with the requirements detailed in the s.355 Committee Management Manual.
- Provide administrative support to the Consultative Committee Secretary as required.
- Salary range of $1,075.64 to $1,258.50 gross per week
- 9.5% superannuation.
- 9 day fortnight working arrangement.
Further information and a Position Description is available by contacting Human Resources, on 1300 459 689.
NOTE: Applicants must adequately address the essential criteria contained in the Position Description. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Applications, addressed to the General Manager should be submitted by 5p.m. on Friday 18th October, 2019 by post to Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council, PO Box 420, Cootamundra NSW 2590, or it can be delivered to Council’s offices at Cootamundra or Gundagai, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Casual Employment Applications are accepted by Council when completed on the following form.