Jubilee Park Masterplan
CGRC is partnering with Landscape Architects, sala4D to create a landscape masterplan for Cootamundra’s iconic Jubilee Park. The plan is a crucial document for Council and the community, guiding development and management over the next 5-10 years.
CGRC held two community workshops. These workshops gave representatives of the community an opportunity to communicate their values for the Park and discuss practical aspects of what’s there and how it could be improved.
The idea of a walk through aviary was not supported, while attracting more native birds through increased native species planting was.
A summary of results from the workshops are:
* Provide a park for events and activities
* Provide opportunity for people to learn about Australian native plants and birds
* Provide a complete path network that caters to all
* Enhance and celebrate the River Red Gum trees
*Use Australian native plants
* Use contemporary signage, furniture and lighting
* Maintain shady areas under tall trees for walking and playing
* Use signage and sculpture to interpret Aboriginal and site heritage
* More furniture and picnic amenity