GREEN WASTE AND KERBSIDE COLLECTION
Council assists residents with regular green waste kerb side collections for one week during May and September each year.
Green waste, placed neatly stacked, without obstruction to pedestrians, in front of your residence (not laneways) the week starting Sunday 9 September 2018 and will be collected on the same day as your normal garbage service for this week only. (If your green waste has not been collected on your garbage day, leave it kerbside as it will be collected by the end of the week)
All loose waste must be secured with string or placed in cardboard boxes. Plastic bags are not to be utilised and will not be collected.
The following items are not eligible and WILL NOT be collected:
- Waste items longer than 2 metres
- Waste that requires more than two people to collect (e.g. over 50 kg)
- Normal household waste items eg bottles, cardboard, paper, aluminium and steel cans, cardboard
- Trade, commercial, industrial or shop waste of any kind including building waste
- Rocks, soil, asbestos, barb wire, plate glass or builders waste
- Home renovation timber waste
- Motor vehicle chassis or parts
- Any large vehicle or machinery parts including tyres
- Poisons, oils, pesticides or other chemical,liquid waste, inflammable materials, paints and gas cylinders