Local Heritage Grants
A local heritage grant program has been established by Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council (CGRC) with the aid of funding from support from NSW Government.
The aim of the program is to encourage the conservation of heritage items within the Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council Local Government Area (LGA) and promote a positive community attitude to heritage conservation.
Generally, the level of funding per project will be $1,000, with a maximum amount of $5,000 for a major project, however, due to the competitive nature of the program, Council may offer funding less than the requested amount.
Payment of grants will not be made until the project is complete and a final report from Council’s Heritage Advisor is received. Applicants will be required to provide at least matching finance for the projects.
Applications for the Local Heritage Grants 2022/2023 are now open
Key dates are as follows:
- Applications open – Friday 15 July 2022
- Applications close – 9.30am Monday 22 August 2022
- Notifications to Applicants – September 2022
- Projects must be completed by 30 April 2023
Click here to download:
Local Heritage Grant Guildeline Information
Local Heritage Grant Application Form CGRC
Eligible projects include:
- Conservation and maintenance works (repair, revitalisation);
- Upgrades to meet Building Codes of Australia (fire, services and access) for ongoing and new uses;
- Veranda reinstatement;
- New and reinstatement of fences;
- External painting (heritage colour scheme)
- Demonstrated ability to complete the project by 30 April 2023.
What projects cannot be funded by the local heritage fund?
Funding will not be available from the local heritage fund for;
- Completed projects will not be funded retrospectively;
- Routine maintenance (eg lawn mowing, gutter cleaning or carpet cleaning);
- Projects where adequate funding is available from the applicant or other sources;
- Where substantial assistance has been previously provided;
- Purchase of heritage buildings;
- Relocation of buildings or work to relocated buildings;
- Private headstones, unless there is no possibility of descendent support for the project;
- Flood lighting of heritage buildings;
- Purchase of equipment;
- Movable railway heritage items.