The announcement from the NSW State Government on Saturday regarding a Stay At Home Orders for Regional NSW, to protect the people of NSW from the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, new restrictions have been introduced for all of regional NSW, effective from 5pm Saturday 14 August 2021 until 12.01am Sunday 22 August 2021.
Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council (CGRC), advises residents that the following services are closed or operating with limited personal contact:
- Libraries – Closed. Home Delivery Services available, please phone the libraries for further information.
- Administration Offices – Closed – Phone1300 459 689, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments of rates and other fees and charges can be made online or via phone.
- Visitors Information Centres, Museums, Bradman Cottage, Heritage Centre and Cootamundra Arts Centre – Closed.
- Swimming Pools – Sports Stadium – Closed.
The following services remain unchanged:
- Landfill sites (garbage tips) – Open
- Garbage collection services.
- Cleaning of public amenities.
- Cootamundra Saleyards – Open to buyers, agents, No vendors,
CGRC general manager Mr Phil McMurray said Council had put in place a plan in the event of this scenario and all staff have the necessary resources.
“We foresaw these stay-at-home orders coming, as we monitored the increasing numbers of COVID-19 infections across the state and put in place a detailed plan in the event that it happened. Council is well prepared, and our staff are well resourced to continue to operate the organisation from a variety of methods. We have some staff working from home, some working in the administration offices, adhering to social distancing measures and our outdoor staff are equipped with a COVID Safe Plan and the appropriate PPE,” Mr McMurray said.
“Residents can contact us, via phone on 1300 459 689, or email email@example.com, and residents can rest assured that services will continue,” he added.
For more information on the Stay-At-Home orders please see nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules.
Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council
For further media information contact:
Maxine Imrie Media Officer 1300 459 689