Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council (CGRC) has announced today that the Indoor Pool in Cootamundra will re-open on Monday 22 June. The pool will be operating with restricted numbers and a COVID safe plan in place.
CGRC mayor Cr Abb McAlister said the decision to reopen the facility was made after extensive plans were put in place to comply with COVID-19 safe working plans.
“I’m pleased our staff have been able to formulate a safe plan for all pool users, it’s been difficult to juggle the financial viability with the restricted numbers allowable and with the communities need to use the facility,” Cr McAlister said.
Council is required to follow the latest restriction guidelines set in place by the NSW government. The current restrictions in place are:
- Pool access will be by appointments only. To book time to swim please phone 0448187279.
- Bookings will be made by phone on the number stated above only.
- Please do not present to the pool without a booking as you will not be given entry.
- Opening Hours are: Monday – Friday 6.30am – 8am
11.30am – 2pm
5pm – 7pm (6pm Thursdays)
Weekends 9am – 12 noon
- Each booking will have an allocated time slot and time limit.
- Please be mindful of those who have booked an appointment to swim after you and ensure you start your session promptly as you will be required leave the pool at the end of your appointed time.
- Bathrooms are not available for use, not even to change.
- You will be required to bring your own swimming equipment.
- Only 2 lap swimmers per lane are permitted.
The above mentioned will be strictly enforced to ensure everyone is given equitable time and treatment.
Numbers are strictly limited to 10 people in the facility at any time, excluding the lifeguard.
Picture and caption: Cootamundra’s Indoor Pool is set to reopen on Monday 22 June with COVID-19 safe plan in action. Swimmers will only be admitted to the pool with a prior booking in place.