-FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE-
24 June 2019
Tradies and Service Providers call out
Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council (CGRC) are calling on professional service providers register their details with Council’s procurement section.
Council acknowledges that submitting tenders or responding to expressions of interest can require a significant financial and time commitment and Council is looking for ways to reduce the impost on suppliers. One way to do this is to put in place Panel Contracts – while this does mean going through a Tender process, once complete, Council will enter into a contract with successful suppliers with set pricing for a set period.
To suppliers, this means:
• Not having to respond to multiple tenders or quotation requests, thus making it easier to do business
• Reducing the timeframe between quotation and purchase
• Standardised Terms and Conditions – giving consistency across a broad market
• Compliance with local government purchasing regulations – giving greater protection to both you and council
• Providing a framework, so that capable and competitive suppliers have full, fair and reasonable opportunity to supply Council
In coming months, Council will begin work to establish new Panel Contracts. If your business is interested in learning more or being notified of upcoming opportunities, or workshops please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the services you offer.