All burial / interment applications are to be completed on the Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council Application for Burial / Interment Form and all of the conditions must be adhered to when submitting the form, including:
– At least 3 full working days notice must be given to Council at the time of booking a funeral.
– This application form is to be completed by the Undertaker and must be lodged with the appropriate fees paid to Council by 4pm on the last working day prior to the funeral.
– The full amount of the fees must be remitted when this application is submitted.
– Verification of Death of either a Medical Certificate of Cause of Death or a Certificate of Cremation for the deceased must be attached.
Monumental Permit Applications
The Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council are responsible for the issuing and enforcement of Monumental Work Permits for all monumental works across the Cemeteries under its control.
The Monumental Work Permit Application, along with the appropriate fee must be completed by the Monumental Mason, and the family that have engaged their services, prior to any headstone or monument being repaired or constructed in any monumental section of Council’s Cemeteries.
Burial Records and Grave Locations
The Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council maintain a database of burial records for the 13 Cemeteries under its control.
If you would like to request a search for burial information, please email email@example.com or phone 1300 459 689.
Records relating to burials since 1968 are available from Council, as are some records prior to this date. Unfortunately many records were destroyed in a fire in the early sixties. Every effort is made to assist people seeking information on burials. Gundagai library also has some records and may be able to assist.
South Gundagai Cemetery
North Gundagai Cemetery
Other Gundagai Cemeteries
- Adjungbilly Cemetery: This is a Monumental Cemetery is located on private property, 2.3 km along Red Hill Road. “Woodside” is to the right and the cemetery is across a paddock on the southern side of Adjungbilly Creek.
- Coolac Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery situated approximately 1km south of the Coolac village.
- North Gundagai Lawn Cemetery and Columbarium Wall: Situated on the northern side of William Street opposite the North Gundagai Cemetery.
- Mt Adrah Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery situated on the left hand side of the Snowy Mountains Highway, approximately 4.5k from its junction with the Hume Highway. Turn left off the highway after crossing Yaven Yaven Creek, left again and the cemetery is located on a laneway to the right behind a small church (now a residence).
- Muttama Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery situated in a paddock on the right hand side of the road from Coolac, just south of Muttama.
- Nangus Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery situated in the village of Nangus on the Gundagai-Wantabadgery Road.
- Tumblong Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery situated on the right-hand side of the Tumblong-Adelong Road approximately 2k from the Hume Highway.
- Wagragobilly (Darbalara) Cemetery: is a Monumental Cemetery. From the Brungle Bridge it is left on the Darbalara Road approximately 4.2km. Cemetery is located behind the church on the right.
It is situated on the left hand side of the Olympic Way near the saleyards when approaching Cootamundra from the north with the entryway just before crossing the railway overbridge leading into Cootamundra township.